Thursday 16 April 2009

"life is a wave on the sea"

It's funny how words, thoughts, pictures can so quickly change how you feel...

I saw a photo and I felt nostalgic
A friend said some words and I felt enlightened
I read a poem and felt inspired

it reminded me of something that was on my mind last night

I went to the greyhound racetrack in Great Yarmouth (with my family and some friends for my brother's birthday)

some bets were placed (none by me)

number whatever drifted slightly to the right at the start of the race, running into the path of the other dogs...

my Dad's friend blamed the dog for his loss "if it wasn't for number 3 running in front of 1 & 2 I would have won!" or something along those lines

As simple as it seems I hadn't really thought about how each move the dogs make can change the outcome of the race...what I mean is it can have a domino effect.

"It's not the losing that gets me down, it's the hope"

(I still don't quite understand that but it's still interesting)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment