Saturday 4 April 2009

How do you make God laugh..

..make plans.


I've been listening to this alot today.

I Will Follow You Into The Dark is a touching song and it's such a popular track...probably overplayed...not that it's bad but it's that good it would be a shame if it lost it's meaning and became just sound..I hope that makes sense.

I was searching for the video on Youtube and had to go through so many recordings of people doing cover versions!

I also read on a lyrics site that for a girl it will remind her of her parents who died in a car accident...her mother died straight away while her dad passed away an hour afterwards...she said it was like he knew he couldn't go on living without his wife.

another guy said "it's a fact many older people after being married for 50 and 60 years grow extremely close. When one dies, the other often dies soon thereafter. And that is mainly the concept this song is trying to convey"

I don't know what the meaning behind it is to band but it's obviously a very important song to many people...what an accomplishment!

I don't know why I spend so much time worrying when I can only do my best.

"the time for sleep is now
but it's nothing to cry about
cause we'll hold each other soon
in the blackest of rooms"

x

No comments:

Post a Comment