Sunday 12 April 2009

Here's looking at you, kid..

Had a cool day today! it was definitely good to have a Sunday free from the confine of Chapelfield Mall

went to church with the family

as I work sundays I don't often get to go to church, when I was younger I hated it because I found it boring but being a bit older I found it more thought provoking

one thing that was on my mind is that as I've felt quite down recently I was determined to see things with a clear mind and not let that emotion cloud my thought...

I was worried religion might seem more appealing while feeling depressed and therefore using it as a crutch for my sadness and fears which I don't feel is a good way to approach religion....when talking about it with my parents my Dad said it might not be such a bad thing...I'm still not so sure but I'm glad I don't completely reject the idea of a God.

"What heights of love, what depths of peace, When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!"
"No guilt in life, no fear in death"

today felt like the right day to build my "Easter Egg Head" which Alice kindly bought for me! (thanks again Dyson! good times were had!)

This evening I went to this!

another ace show put on by Mr Mike Darkside
it was pretty busy! spoke to lots of nice people! some I'd not seen in ages which was good!
I enjoy seeing Lonewolves play more each time...it's nice to see them play often because not only do they seem to be pretty rad musicians but I've become more familiar with their sound! sometimes when I hear a new band I can't quite get into it! (sadly I felt that way about The Blackout Argument, but they gave it their all..so good for them!) I look forward to hearing some new recordings from Lonewolves!

Dead Swans were ace! alot of people were stoked by their set actually...not that I didn't expect it! I was really tempted to have a little sing-a-long but people were going pretty crazy and I didn't want to risk breaking my glasses! I might sound like a bit of a diva/geek however I love my glasses and I enjoy being able to see! nevertheless I enjoyed their set and laughing at the chaos! I think I looked like a bit of a goon most of the night because I did grin like an idiot alot!


I didn't think I'd enjoy watching This Is Hell that much because I've found "Misfortunes" a difficult record to get into but they put on a good show! they ended with "You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party" which went down a storm!

had some curly fries, birthday cake, chocolate and beer when I got home! (healthy I know!)

man I'm tired!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment