Saturday 24 October 2009

RADICOOL!

Yesterday was a pleasant day, a long one yet fun. I treated myself to a couple extra hours in bed because I thought I may be staying out late. My good friend Ollie invited me out to Mustard and informed me that Jack would be doing a hardcore/punk dj set. I don't often enjoy going out to clubs especially as I work at weekends however I thought it would be nice to hang with friends and also hear some decent music while out for once. I spent most of the day drawing and hanging out in the studio. I had a drink at the Playhouse with some friends from Dogfish and afterwards caught up with Mr Ollie Brooks to see the band "Dananananaykroyd" play at the arts centre. I hadn't heard much beforehand but live they were fantastic, very energetic, catchy, fun and friendly (one of the singers came into the crowd and starting hugging people). They also complimented my wolf jumper which I appreciated! I forced myself to finish off a film I had in my fisheye camera so I'm going to try to develop it next week. After the show we made our way to Mustard and saw many friendly faces. The only thing that I didn't enjoy was the fact it was so difficult to talk to people. I swear I have the worst voice for talking to people in those situations and I can only just make out what people say. Despite that I had a good laugh with good company. I said my goodbyes and made my way to get a taxi. When I got to the taxi rank it was full of men I assumed were waiting for cars, they turned out however to be the drivers. I said I wanted to go to Postwick and straight away a guy headed out the door, I was briefly unsure if this was my ride and one of the other drivers said something stupid like "yeah you might want to follow him mate, he's the driver" to which the others found really funny. I didn't find it that offensive or anthing but some people have the worst sense of humour and will obviously laugh at anything. The driver turned out to be a really interesting guy who used to be a professional bike racer.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment