Wednesday 21 October 2009

We'll show the demons for what they are.



It was my payday recently so I treated myself to these earlier in the week. I was unsure about buying the Lewd Acts one as I didn't enjoy them very much when I saw them live and it cost £14 which I think is a little steep for a cd however I'm glad I did as it's a great album. I'm keen on the artwork and I find the lyrics really interesting "My father was a locomotive and though he didn't smoke his hands were made of steel. His chest was full of coal. I don't follow in his tracks". I'd like to see them play again after hearing this.

As for the Converge album, I've not listened to it enough yet. When I find more than one cd I want and have enough pennies I usually spend spend spend yet sometimes albums get neglected once bought. I've always found Converge difficult to get into so I shouldn't be all that suprised. I'm a fan of the title track and "Dark Horse" also on this one they have a song that seems to sound a little like Tom Waits and apparently Kurt Ballou plays glockenspiel at some point! I look forward to giving it more of a listen and hearing any other suprises it might have.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment