Monday 2 November 2009

"You remind me of him. You forget to remember to be afraid"

Today was a good day despite a difficult start. I hate waking up late when you're suppose to do things.

I did my own screenprinting for the first time which was awesome. It was pretty basic stuff but it's helped to get ideas moving in my head.

I continued my half of the collaboration with my friend Migs.

Went to the "Tribute" exhibition at Stew near the art school. It was mostly put on by friends on my course who's work I've seen before however it was cool to see it in a different context. I enjoy "private views" despite the pretentious title..so far they've always involved art(obviously),free beer/snacks and good people.

I hung out with Roxy and Tom and they convinced me to miss my last bus, get a taxi home and dine out in Norwich with them. I had my usual at Waga's and enjoyed some rad banter. The evening was even more spontaneous as we decided to go to the cinema. This may not seem like the most irrational thing ever but I'm usually at home before 8'o clock.

We went to see the film "9" at Vue. I didn't have great expectations for this film. I thought the concept and style looked interesting but I imagined it might just be another cgi film however I thoroughly enjoyed it. From the start the first thing I noticed was how great the sound was, little things like the rag doll's little metal hands on a desk were perfect. The story and ideas seemed original and despite the structure feeling a little sketchy it was a great film which I think will probably be underrated.

I said farewell to R & T. It was lovely to see them both and they kindly gave me money towards my taxi. If either of you happen to read this then thankyou once again!

Strange people come out at night or at least due to the majority of normal people being at home the odd people stand out. One guy made quite an effort to have a staring contest. Got my taxi, for once the driver hardly spoke a word, older gentleman with a walking stick. Home safe and I'm going to sleep soon. Early start tomorrow so I hope I manage to wake up.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment