Friday 27 November 2009

For a pessimist, I'm pretty optimistic.

Around 10 o'clock this morning I was awoken by a delivery man knocking on my door. I had been dribbling in my sleep so I quickly wiped my mouth and rubbish beard before answering the door. I was still in pyjamas and thought "man this guy must think I look like a lazy student" he'd definitely be pretty correct with that assumption.

I treated myself to this book after hearing about it from a couple friends. Most interesting graphic novel I've seen in a while. I've asked my Mum if she'd get me the second one in the series for Christmas which should also be pretty fitting as it's titled "Winter".


Rather than do much new work today I photographed some older stuff I've yet to blog. The below character is based on "Rock Gut Charlie" from the Lewd Acts song.

These pieces are a collaboration with my friend Miggles who is also in his second year at art school. I feel they work well together with his Mike Giant influenced sharpie line work and my red painted background contrasting..(the words are screenprinted Dylan lyrics from the song "Girl From The North Country").


Planning to paint a tribute to the film Up because I simply can't get over how good it was.


xo

1 comment:

  1. You got Mouseguard!!!! <3

    I hope you love it as much I do, one of the best presents I've ever had.

    Ive still to read my Winter one.....I may just have to do it this weekend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete