Monday 7 September 2009

"All my friends are living saints.."


On Saturday I made my way (tagging along with some sweet people) into London to see Polar Bear Club and A Wilhelm Scream play at the Underworld. We set off in Alex's car around 2 o'clock and after a few annoying parking issues we got into Camden around 6ish. I enjoyed a well needed "sub of the day" then headed into the venue to watch some rad bands. I only started listening to PBC earlier in the year but since they've become one of my favourite bands! Hearing them play "His Devotee" was a highlight as I've considered it to be a bit of a summer tune. Another favourite was definitely "Living Saints" and I can't wait to hear the rest of their new album. I'm not a massive fan of AWS however they're a great band to see live and I'm going to give them more of a listen from now. It was fun to watch my friend Mr Batten singing his heart out in the VIP section and stagediving (apparently elbowing a lady in the face before apologising profusely). The photo above is a promo he did for AWS beforehand. I feel he did a great job and I'd go as far to say he's my favourite photographer! Good times with good people.

"Broke, sore, laughing more...got my friends, got my songs, got it out and I'm moving on."

x

No comments:

Post a Comment