Wednesday 17 June 2009

hope you're honest and trust you'll end up somewhere

Hung out with my good friend Sam "old man" Edwards yesterday.He's come back from Manchester for a while so it was ace to catch up and have a laugh. We had a drink at the Belgian Monk despite stuggling to decide what to go for. Afterwards we headed back to his house to cook some rad pasta and watch Come Dine With Me. I rated Sam's cooking and hospitality skills a 7.

We finally got around to watching Snakes On a Plane. When it first came out in the cinema Sam and I had an epic plan to have some drinks and laugh at what would no doubt be an incredibly stupid film. I was definitely correct with my prediction, it's a very very silly film but that's what I like about it however I'm now even more freaked out about flying!
Slept on his sofa.
Woke up on his Sofa

my breakfast. I missed the actual breakfast Subway which I was gutted about. I'm determined to get there before 11 at least once this summer!
picked up my feedback of my last project. I did ok, pretty satisfactory verging on "good" however my tutors wrote some pretty helpful constructive criticism. Hung out with some of my visual study buddies.

went into Drift to pick up Jack's zine (What Would Henry Rollins Do). I've read a bit so far and it has some really interesting interviews.
Listened to some talk about skating while trying my best to understand. Sam showed me this pretty amazing little game he picked up in a charity shop. Very scary for a kids toy but very cool! I'm sure I've said on here before but go check out Drift on Pottergate, it's a really great unique shop decorated with lots of little things like this. Sam's a nice dude and knows what he's on about so if you need advice about skating go pay him a visit.
Saw many rad people today who I sadly didn't photograph but it was nice to see them. The guys in Dogfish, Adam in Sendol and Wes at the forum (he read Kerrang to me and did his best Oli Sykes impression).
I also picked up these for £4 from the antique sale at St Andrews Hall. It's on every wednesday and I can usually find something interesting I want to buy and it's often very reasonably priced.
These guys are gonna hang on the wall in my room.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment