Sunday 10 January 2010

I try to walk through the world awake.


I'm currently slaving away (kind of) on an essay about "street art and social responsibility" and for this I've been looking at artists who create temporary artwork. My essay isn't based on this fact it just happens to be something which they are interested in and that I have learnt about them when digging up research material. It got me thinking about how we leave traces throughout our lives. Not in the sense of "changing the world" or anything but little things such as objects or stories past down. I'm interested in the idea that whenever I buy a book or cd that one day I might pass it on to someone and it could influence them in a positive way. My Grandad left some really crude sculptures (which I think are awesome) and I have no memory of my Great Grandma however my Mum often tells me fond stories about her and how she had a difficult life but remained audacious. I feel quite content to be temporary and let those who follow make what they want of my life.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment