Tuesday 29 December 2009

stay gold.


Saw this and it got me thinking about what I'd put in my own window/shelf display. Opening a shop of my own is feeling more and more like a good aim to shoot for, what with my time at Art School passing by swiftly.

I chatted to a couple friends about what they would want to sell in a shop and they said coffee and music (I feel those are awesome ideas). After working in Boots for at least the last 4 years I'm certain I don't want to live by working in that enviroment for the rest of my life. I feel I'm good with people but the constant barrage doesn't feel natural. I think the worst thing about being a "till monkey" is when I get the feeling I'm becoming someone I really don't want to be...unsympathetic and cold.

I feel to own an independent shop and introduce people to stuff I love (books/graphic novels/music/food/toys/art) would be a dream come true. I could put on events in store and build awesome relationships (pretty much what I consider the most important thing in my life).

I hope I'm not being naive and unrealistic but it's definitely something I'm going to consider much more.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment