Wednesday 26 August 2009

Hope I Don't Fall In Love With You

Bought a couple more cd's to add to my collection today. I felt the Minor Threat discography was necessary. I've had this on my ipod for ages now but I didn't have the physical copy until today.
They were definitely a band I felt obliged to check out due to the acclaim and influence they've without a doubt had on many contemporary bands I listen to and love. Even now I feel stupid explaining about them as if the entire world should already know which is ridiculous. If you havn't heard them before I'd definitely advise listening to them. They were around in the 80's for a few years and broke up in 1983. I find listening to them puts me in a sensible frame of mind when I feel inferior, down on life or even arrogant. It's basically an album of really angry, pissed off songs and I love them. "At least I can fucking think."-Out Of Step.
I can't write much about Tom Waits as this is the first album I've bought of his. According to wikipedia the critic Daniel Durchholz described his voice "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car." I'm looking forward to giving it a listen. "Well if you sit down with this old clown I'll take that frown and break it"
I also picked up one of these for a fiver but haven't found any film yet. I'm pleased with it though, it's pretty beasty in "real life."

x

No comments:

Post a Comment